Thread: Inverter help ?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlyjim660 View Post
First i don’t appreciate your sarcasm. But very much do appreciate Johns help !! To rephrase my question, if the MAIN breaker is flipped off does that prohibit ANY juice to flow through the RV ? I’m not an electrician, which is why I’m here asking questions. Thanks
For every suggestion John made you came back with basically the same response so it appeared to me that you weren't absorbing the information. I think you need to do some more research and find out how much energy you plan to use and how you plan to replenish it. A 100 watt solar panel may produce 100 watts on the equator with unobscured sky for a few hrs per day.

So let's say you use the microwave for 10 mins then most likely you will run out of daylight long before you replenish the stored energy (battery) used. The thing is, when dealing with electricity a mistake can be a deadly mistake. Get all the information and be safe. Asking the questions and learning is key.

If you don't understand that the main breaker Kills all the 120 vac power to the panel (just like in a house) then I think connecting an inverter and wiring it in will be beyond you comprehension at this time. It's a go from A to E and skip B,C &D.

Whatever your opinion of me I'd urge you take John's first advice and don't just rig a double male plug to "backfeed" electricity. That's like laying a loaded gun down in the pass thru.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote