View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroPhane View Post
I do. I understand I don't have any credibility here after such a stupid slip but I grew up around cars, and have been doing house electrical since my Granddad taught me when I was young. Great point though and I may consider a professional assisting me in the future.
The question wasn't disparaging but intended to get an idea what you were comfortable doing. As for faith I believe you had an angle on your shoulder on this one. You could have literally caused thousands of dollars in damage.

I'd suggest looking closely at those batteries and at a min pull them and have them load tested. I'd replace them both as it's suspect why one was not connected at time of sale. If you are going to dry camp a lot consider getting 2 6 volt batteries and connecting in series now that you know how. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

As for plugging in at home.... If the trailer is 50 Amp then wire a 50 Amp receptacle. That way you can use all the available air conditioners etc. If your going to go the 15 Amp route the fewer adapters the better and about all you can run inside is the converter and the fridge on electric, no air conditioners or water heater on electric.

I know it's easy to spend other's people's money (I should have gone into government work), but those two recommendations may save you money and headaches long term.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote