View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 05:05 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroPhane View Post
Thank you! and Thank you for getting back to me!

I wasn't plugged into shore power while all this happened. This is a 2016 Keystone Passport. It's not brand new but it is new to me. We bought it a few days ago from a private party. When we toured it and bought it, 1 battery was connected although 2 were provided. Last night I had them both connected in a series before everything happened. I reverted to the original 1 battery during testing. On that note, while touring I did note the lights were very dim. The previous owner said that battery needed a charge. When I connected the 2 batteries the lights came on and were as bright as I would have expected to the normal (noticeably brighter than with just the first battery connected).

Another note on the 1 or 2 batteries: when all this happened, I also lost the RP detector. I found it was spliced into the fridge circuit. The fridge worked just fine but the detector wouldn't come on. When I removed/replaced its fuse, the red light would blink for a few seconds and then... nothing. After I removed the second battery, the detector came back on with solid green light.

When I mentioned "playing" with the slide please be aware my son is 8 years old. That switch (all switches really) are off-limits. However, he did see how I operated the slide, and while I was crouched over the breaker/fuse panel he wanted to give it a try. That's when I immediately told him not to touch it - except of course when I noted the radio issue.

I thought so too about the bathroom toggle. Yes it is the rocker switch. However, we did find the radio turns on and off with it somehow.

When I purchased it, the previous owner went over some things but not the electrical system apart from pointing out where the battery is, and where the breaker/fuse panel is.
Are you sure that you "connected them in series" ???
If so, with two 12 volt batteries connected in series, the output to the trailer electrical system would be 24 volts and if you "only have a light problem on one circuit, you're extremely lucky !!!!! The comments about "lights seemed much brighter and the LPG detector blew the fuse and wouldn't come back on until I only had one battery connect sure sound like you connected the batteries to provide 24 VDC to the trailer (series) rather than 12 VDC to the trailer (parallel).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote