View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbouch84 View Post
Well let me get a bit more technical here for a moment.

As for shocks i have upgraded those to a heavier duty shock. "not that that means much"

Rear springs have been replaced with tufftruk 1211 springs.

Brakes have been upgraded as well.

Tires are Atturo Trailblade Xt 305/55/20 with a 121 rating for weight.

my hitch and sway control is the following set up i bought the 10k weight one for a little big of over kill.

https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch.

The trailer empty rolled across the scale at 5893. i dont believe im near 7600 pounds no way. i only travel with full propane tanks and empty water tanks.

Technical helps. Running a lift?

When you bought the 10k wdh that has nothing to do with sway control. The 10k does not have any relation to the sway ability and I would maintain that you need the 4 point sway.

If you have a lift and a sway control not up to the task the whole thing just gets worse. I've listed some other things to help with a 1/2 ton. If the 1/2 ton has been modified for "fun" or "looks", those modifications are to the detriment of "towing". The more weight you put behind it the more any problems are amplified - it seems you may have reached that point.

I am sure your truck would have pulled that trailer fine in OE state and with the proper equipment. It seems you have added some aftermarket "stuff"; some may help for towing purposes; some don't.

If you think all you need is to adjust the 2 point system go through the procedures established for setting it up and see if it helps. It may very well do so since you've added weight. Optimal? I doubt it.

BTW, it's amazing how much stuff you can add to a trailer to go camping. We carried around 1200 lbs. between truck and trailer on our last TT combo, didn't carry water either and needed the mods I listed to be "stable". YMMV
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote