Thread: Propane tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 08:16 AM   #52
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsb3 View Post
Found that I've always had an auto changeover regulator. Funny thing is, it's mounted backwards... I think. The side with the lever and red/green indicator is facing toward the camper instead of the hitch so it's not easy to look at. Leaving one tank shut off has always been good for me so never really gave it much thought until I saw this thread. Went out and contorted my body so I could see the back (or is it really the front) of the regulator and SURPRISE! I was thinking about turning it around, but it looks like the propane hose between the regulator and the camper is just a hair short.... guess that's why it's mounted the way that it is. Getting the regulator turned around would be more effort than continuing with keeping one tank shut off. I have to take a leak at least once every night anyway so will just kill two birds with one stone when I have to get up and manually switch propane tanks.
Couple of things in your comments!
If the hose is just barely long enough I'd recommend replacing it as it will eventually cracking its bent tightly & they come in various lengths.
If when the regulator switches automatically & you lose pressure it sounds like you need to replace the changeover regulator as well when you swap to longer hoses.
Whether you keep 1 or both tanks open is totally up to the user, but I also get up a couple times at night to take a whiz but I usually use the toilet, both tanks are already open, so no need to get dressed & go outside, so I guess I just kill one bird at a time.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote