Thread: Propane tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 07:02 AM   #42
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Thought you might also like to see a video and explanation of the auto change over regulator..

I prefer to keep the secondary tank valve closed and then switch the regulator to point to that full tank, which now becomes the Primary tank and the indicator turns green.

This way I know when a tank is empty. Yea I might have to trek outside to switch over the tank but I know I have a full one left to do so.

video from my 2014 Alpine
https://youtu.be/SUISQqc6P-o
why don't you take the auto chang over right out if you don't use it. that video is exactly how it is suposed to work and part of your daily checks should be looking at the color of the indicator. it takes 2 seconds as you have showen in your video.

in the summer I don't check it every day as the propane usage is small but when it starts getting into heating season I take a look at it every morning and if one runs out I switch the lever over and take the empty one out of the system and get it filled. waking up in the middle of the night freezing isn't the best thing I can think of doing haha
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote