View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by macktruk View Post
Does anyone knows what is the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck online?

I've been searching online for a while and haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Some people say that the best place to find parts for a heavy duty truck is on the manufacturer's website, while others say that the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck is on online forums. I'm not sure which option is the best, but I would recommend researching both options before making a decision.

These are some of the providers that I am evaluating atm:

- akmicorp.com
- www.truckcomponentsonline.com
- mrtruckparts.com

Also, I understand that one of the cons of buying aftermarket parts is that they are of a lowest quality than OEM, is that correct?
Question begs some clarifications... what model truck? I have a Ford and hang out at the Ford truck forums when I need ideas on stuff to buy. It is a lot different buying floormats than a new turbo or front end parts.
Here are some I look at if info on parts is needed:

Fordtruckfanatics.com
ford-trucks.com
powesstroke.org

It also makes a lot of sense to put together a signature with year, make and model of your truck and same for your camper because when you ask a question, the answers will likely have more context. If you don't have a Ford, there are similar sites for all the other brands.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote