View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 04:36 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Just a few minutes ago, had the phone ring. It was a 210 (local area code) number and I answered and said "hello". There was that strange background sound as if the caller was in a crowded room with other callers. Finally the caller came on and introduced himself as "Steve" with a heavy accent that sounded like the sub-continent. In any case, I asked him what he wanted and he launched into a medicare related spiel and after a few minutes, I thanked him and said I wasn't interested. He promptly hung up without a word. I called the number back and was informed it wasn't a working number.

I get these several times a day and they could also be about the government paying me for employees (some sort of program) or student load forgiveness. All the same scam and I think "Steve" is the caller. It has gotten to the point where 80 percent of my calls are scammers. I am loathe to employ some sort of filtering as it is my business phone and don't wish to have potential customers blocked. What ever happened to the "do not call list"? Seems it isn't working so well.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike