View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 05:31 AM   #2
dutchmensport

I've been watching the development of the hurricane, although I have some significant distance between me and Florida right now, I still have concern for the folks who will be in it's path.

Right now, campgrounds are thinning out a bit in the Northern States, especially through the middle of the week. School is back in session everywhere, and now is a great opportunity to catch some cooler weather, and still enjoy green foliage on the trees. ..... Head North! Close up your homes, secure everything, take the camper and head North for a few days.

In Indiana the night temperatures are rocking between the 50's and the 60's, days are pleasant low '70's to low 80's. This makes for absolute magnificent camp fires at night, great temperatures for hiking and sightseeing, and makes for fantastic sleeping weather.

So, why not take advantage of the opportunity! No doubt businesses will be closed soon, folks will abandon the area anyway. Especially, if you do not have kids in school, wow! I would not hesitate a heat beat to skee-daddle for a week and let Mother Nature run her course.

Good luck if you live there. Be safe, and be smart.