View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:03 AM   #11
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Just don’t become one of “those” guys. I recently delivered an RV to a campground for a guy. The host came out and was telling me how to back it in. ....

Sorry, I read this and I just have to comment. For my hosting position I'm doing in August in North Carolina, I did not say where that will be. OK, I'll spill the beans: Pilot Mountain State Park.

What's so unusual about this campground? Well, there is only one RV, full hook-up, site in the campground. And that is the campground host site.

All the other sites in the campground are for tent campers! No electricity and only a couple running water spigots in the campground. A modern shower/bath house/restroom facility and every site is clearly marked with raised platforms where the tents are to be placed. If anyone has a small camper, like a tear drop, a Scamp, or a Casita, you'll fit the space with no problem. Anything bigger, and it will never fit.

It should prove to be an interesting experience! It's been a long-long time since we tent camped. I might have forgotten how! But if asked, I'll sure help anyone as best as i can if they need help.