View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 05:24 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Fairly certain even you were a newbie at some point along with the rest of us! It's a difficult to "inquire" about something if you don't have any idea about it.
Agreed, my intent was that dealers look at it as people don't inquire so don't waste your time. Sort of a don't ask don't tell. When we purchased our camper new the dealer had the tech that did the dealer prep do our PDI. He was excellent and thorough but, he also was aware that I had an extensive background in electrical engineering and construction management so don't know how it would be for a "newbie".
As a previous owner of boats for many years I would pay a marine surveyor to inspect a boat before purchase, at least the larger ones, for my protection. When people buy a house a certified inspector is typically required by the lender to protect their interest. I don't know why the RV industry hasn't adopted this. I suppose it's the false hope and past experiences with dealing with warranty issues at car dealerships. Think what an uproar it would create if you took your brand new car back to the dealer and they said "we can have that back to you in 6 weeks". It's amazing to me what the American consumer will tolerate. I apologize for going off topic and will retreat from my soapbox now.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote