Thread: Tire Question
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:41 PM   #34
lcarver02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Beard View Post
I know there's a lot of information out there. I've reading some of the forums about them. My Cougar currently has three Trailer King tires and one china bomb on it. I was putting down some concrete blocks Saturday for it to sit on. We heard a loud boom, one of the TK tires popped just sitting there, so I have my spare on it now. I've been reading that the Carlisle Radial Trail and the GY Endurance are both suppose to be good. The Carlisle's are a little cheaper. Would you guys recommend one over the other? The size I have now are ST225/75R15 E. I'm most likely getting them from Discount Tire, five new one's. I don't want to have to trust the current tires for even a spare.

Thanks for the input.

Some advice from a person who experienced a real China Bomb blow out with damage to trailer and nearly a life ending accident. You have four China Bombs (DANGER) given what you wrote about the tires you have and have replaced. Please get rid of all four of these bombs. You can get some Goodyear Endurance tires, made in USA, for a very good price at Discount Tire or other places. Your life may depend on it, and that is no exaggeration. I put on Goodyear Endurance tires ST225/75R15 E Load rating, pressure at 80 PSI, on all four trailer wheels, and they are great, going on two years now and expect two more. Even wear, no loss of pressure, no budging or blow out trouble. Well worth the extra $20 and support your countries economy. I check and rotate them every 5,000 along with my Truck Michelin LTX Load E tires. They are amazing tires too. You could put Truck Michelins on your trailer, they are made to strict specifications and are a much higher quality. You will spend about $360 more.
lcarver02 is offline   Reply With Quote