View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #27
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
the only thing that scares me about ford is if i decided to keep the truck for a long long time and god forbid needed to replace the engine …id be stuck with the dealer because the entire cab has to be removed to replace the engine…i just rebuilt my old hemi and did the job myself…don’t think id tackle removing a cab…although it would be easy after that …hmmmm

if i was keeping the truck less then ten years it probably wouldn’t matter
I hate to tell you, but replacing the Cummins engine on an older Ram wasn’t much better. I had to replace the engine block on our 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 because it had a cold joint crack that was a well known problem by Dodge at that time. In order to get the block out, you had to lift the block slightly, drop the oil pan, and then finish lifting out the block (of course, disconnect everything else, but the sequence with the oil pan was…interesting). I always hated that engineering portion whenever that gasket had to be replaced too, which was every couple of years. And that was back when engines weren’t as crammed into the space like they are now.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote