View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:23 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
They say the Westinghouse and the Cumming Onan P4500i inverter generator are the same generators, except the Westinghouse is much cheaper. I have the Onan P4500i (actually 2 of them) that I run in parallel and I can run absolutely everything in my 50 amp (2 AC and residential refrigerator) fifth wheel without any issues at all. I've more than tested everything and as far as power goes, there's never been any difference between the 2 generators running in parallel or being hooked up to 50 amp shore power. The Onan p4500i is a really great generator, pricy ... yes! But darn good (and quiet). I've had no experience with the Westinghouse, but if it comes down to customer service, I'll go to the company that's been doing RV generators for a long, long time and has good customer service!
David, Do some explaining for my education. I have a 30A camper and a gen that has a camper 30A outlet. If I had a 50A camper, you run 2 gen and have a parallel kit between them. Do you come out of one gen which has a 50A outlet? Just not sure how this works. Thanks
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote