View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 12:41 PM   #53
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's Keystone Outback. View Post
Congratulations on the new home on wheels.
Now here are a couple observations, a couple readers may have already touched on.
1) At first glance I see a little squatting, telling me either the TV suspension isn’t appropriate for the trailer, or the WD isn’t properly set up. I have a 10K Equal-I-Lizer that work tremendously well, if properly rigged.
2) I have very good control going around 60 mph, and 65 if passing.

I pulled my 2018 30’ Outback UL with my F150 Ecoboost and it towed flawlessly, while complying the payload rules. That meant that I couldn,t carry 4 people or a full tank of gas, otherwise I’d be in violation of exceeding the payload. In 2020, I purchased a F250 just for towing, which almost tripled my payload, and zero squat on the rear end with complete stability. Just my 2 cents.

My advise is too keep a close key on the payload, speed and stopping distance, and then consider an upgraded TV.

Enjoy your trips!!!
Payload on the Expedition is 1769 lbs. Wife and I are usually the only occupants when towing. The camper is loaded lightly and weight placed over the axles or slightly to the rear of camper. Son in law re-adjusted the 4 point Equalizer that the dealer had set incorrectly. Only put about 10 to 15 gallons in the fresh water tank and one propane tank empty to cut down on hitch weight. After adjusting the hitch and doing the same with trailer weight the camper is very easy to tow. Second trip I only went 60 to 62 mph max and it did very well. 10 ply BFG's on the Expedition aired to 65 psi. Nothing like the F350 dually I had pulling a 17K pound 5th wheel but for short trips it will have to do. I'm guessing your F250 is a gas burner which has a much better payload then its diesel brother. I towed a 39" toyhauler with a F250 diesel and the lack of payload was taking a toll on the truck. Camper was almost 3500 lbs on the hitch with a generator aboard the front of the camper. Bought a dually and problem solved!