View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #52
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
Wife and I picked this up today. Great couples camper and the Expedition pulls it easily. Hitch needs to be tweaked..noticed some sway between 55-60 mph. Winds today are only in the 10 to 20 mph range and not like yesterday's 40 to 50 mph ones
Congratulations on the new home on wheels.
Now here are a couple observations, a couple readers may have already touched on.
1) At first glance I see a little squatting, telling me either the TV suspension isn’t appropriate for the trailer, or the WD isn’t properly set up. I have a 10K Equal-I-Lizer that work tremendously well, if properly rigged.
2) I have very good control going around 60 mph, and 65 if passing.

I pulled my 2018 30’ Outback UL with my F150 Ecoboost and it towed flawlessly, while complying the payload rules. That meant that I couldn,t carry 4 people or a full tank of gas, otherwise I’d be in violation of exceeding the payload. In 2020, I purchased a F250 just for towing, which almost tripled my payload, and zero squat on the rear end with complete stability. Just my 2 cents.

My advise is too keep a close key on the payload, speed and stopping distance, and then consider an upgraded TV.

Enjoy your trips!!!
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote