View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #45
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Saw a picture of your camper in a for-sale ad. That table doesn't appear to be hinged in the U shaped dinette. What latches? Does that table collapse to make a bed (for someone you don't much care for)? How do you like that U shaped dinette? Seems it would be awkward getting around to the rear. I personally removed out standard dinette and replaced with an Ikea table and two chairs (just the two of us). Anyway, glad this camper is working out for you.
I've got that same table in my camper with U shaped dinette. When I picked my unit up from Bisch's RV in Coldwater, MI somebody put it in the upright (unfolded) position. It was down when I did my walk through, and it basically got destroyed on the six hour trip home. I contacted Bisch's twice about this and their service department has ignored me both times. Essentially the hinges are pop riveted together so I straightened them out and put it back together with 1/4-20 pan head screws, washers and nuts. There's a small nick in one edge and a light scrape across the top. I guess I just get to live with those. It also put a small gouge in the floor, which I worked on with a pair of tweezers and some wood glue. That repair is almost invisible.
Anyway, we had a friend sleep on it with the cushions and a two inch thick memory foam topper. She said it was quite comfortable. The biggest problem we had is that the "bed" is nearly eight feet long (the width of the camper) and getting any kind of mattress topper to fit is pretty much impossible. We ended up getting a queen size topper and trimming the width down to fit. Since the table isn't bolted to the floor it's easy to slide it around to make room for both of us to use as work stations with our laptops. Lots more room than a conventional booth dinette.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote