Thread: Fuzion 373
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 04:30 AM   #16
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Personally I don’t think about payload hooked up because it’s to much work unloading toys. I don’t think there is accurate way to get pin weight . When I drive over the scales and I come in under 7100 I know I didn’t exceed the 3600 pay load. I was looking at yellow sheets tonight the closest I could figure with different toys in the garage was 10 % off the hitch for a thousand in the garage. The next trip I’ll be 1300 lbs lighter with out the z force 800 and I weight full of water and 96 gallons of fuel going to the white mt rally AZ. This for my 35 ft camper 10 ft garage . The impact is still capable of 16.500 GVW.
Accuracy is dependent on effort. I spent a career, 45 years, flying helicopters and weight and balance was a big deal. Not so much now but old habits die hard. I know exactly, well within a few pounds, my pin weight because I weighed the truck alone with full fuel, hitch installed and when I weighed the trailer I made sure the truck was in the same configuration. The difference between the 2 truck rear axle weights is the pin weight. Course that was an empty trailer fresh off the lot with unfortunately an unknown amount of water on board. I can do guesstimates of weight transfer based on where something is loaded but my plan is for the first trip out when loaded with the bike and tools to weigh again. I'll also make sure the truck is still in the same configuration.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote