Thread: Fuzion 373
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #12
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamminTime View Post
Mine is 6500 RAWR, I never haul water and minimal fuel as we don’t boondock. I know airbags do not increase weight ratings but it sure does help balance it out. I’ve been playing with the CAT scales and I was amazed at how much weight moves off the front axle before airbags. With my 36’ bumper pull 400-500 lbs came off the front with no air in bags and was absorbed in the rear. They were a nice addition to the truck [emoji3]
My squat as it is now, empty, is about 2.5" which brings the truck pretty much level. I though about air bags but in my case not sure if 1.5-2K is worth an inch. No lightness to the front end but the scales say I only lost 20 pounds. Just curious what kind of weight did you have in the garage and how much did it change pin weight? My last toy hauler was a Raptor 300MP which is lighter and I had a 12 Ram dually for it so I didn't give weights a second thought. I wanted to stay SRW and under 40' and dual axle trailer thus the 356. I saw a recent posting that said garage loads reduced pin by about 50% of the garage weight. I'd be curious if that's a generally agreed upon figure. My garage is going to be a garage so I'm not worried about making it a living space and having to "put tools away". They will be away. Heavy stuff back there. Thought about and will explore putting some e-track channels on the side wall down low to secure some of those tools, compressor, grill, etc.

I was planning a couple of shakedown cruises sort of locally but all the military and COE parks are closed for who knows how long. So looks like I'll have plenty of time to think this out.

Good luck and happy trails with the Fuzion.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote