View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:40 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Those comments were even more friendly than usual. Folks are entitled to call their critters what they like. My wife drives me crazy by calling our critters "her fur babies"... Our dogs range from 3 lb chihuahuas to 130 lb St. B & Great Pyr mix. I don't scold her as she does the cooking and keeps me warm at night (along with about 8 dogs on the bed). Our big guy sleeps on his own bed at the foot of our bed. Oh yeah, we camp with at least two of the little critters; usually Billy Bob and Honey Bun. Both excellent companions!
I have a good friend who is "psychotically fond of his car".... It's a 77 Trans Am, and I'll admit it's a beautiful classic, but "IT'S STILL A CAR".... He talks about it as a favorite child, gets upset if anyone "talks bad about Pontiac or Trans Am" and heaven help the poor soul who inadvertently touches his car without permission.... I gave up riding in it long ago. The "instruction process" about wipe your feet, remove your shoes, don't pull on the seat belt, don't roll down the window, don't touch the dash (and much more) just got to be way too frustrating for a quick ride...

When he does drive it, he won't go through a puddle, refuses to park in any parking lot (unless he keeps visual contact with the car) and every time he stops, he walks around the car to inspect it upon walking away and upon returning (even though he always stays where he can see it at all times)..... If his wife wants to stop by the supermarket, he stays with the car while she runs in to shop and he "fusses about her poor planning" all afternoon when it happens.

As I said "psychotically fond of his car"... So, if someone wants to call a pet a "fur baby" or a "4 legged child" or a "favorite child" who am I to criticize their choice of how they refer to their pet????? At least most of them will allow the pet out of their sight.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote