View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:52 AM   #5
Bart68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Trailer construction and equipment included in packages changes, sometimes daily during a production run and model year changes can dramatically change how a trailer is made and what is in it. Packages also change from year to year along with the "marketing strategy" that Keystone uses to compete with their competition. In other words, building trailers is not much different from building cars or trucks: Every manufacturer is constantly seeking that "magic change" that keeps them ahead of the other manufacturers....

That said, there are some significant differences between the Sprinter, the Sprinter Campfire edition and the Sprinter Limited edition that go far beyond "standard packages" and "different decor"....

If you download the 2018 Sprinter brochure (the last year that Keystone included a "cutaway diagram of trailer construction") you can compare many of the "differences that make the trailers unique and separate them by class"....

For instance, the Sprinter travel trailers are made with aluminum floor joists, aluminum front wall structure, Astrofoil belly insulation and Keyed alike locks.

The Sprinter Campfire trailers have wood floor joists, wood front wall structure, no Astrofoil in the belly, and the door locks are not "keyed alike".

That is just a few of the differences that I think are "major/significant construction differences" that go far beyond a "optional package of convenience items" or "brand recognition packages"...

Essentially, there are some similarities between "Sprinter and Sprinter Campfire trailers" but there are also some "MAJOR" differences that make them stand on opposite ends of the trailer manufacturing process.

It's sort of like comparing a Ford to a Lincoln or a Chevrolet to a Cadillac. Sure, they're both made by the same manufacturer, but one is "basic, run of the mill" and the other has "significant state of the art equipment"

Trying to compare a Sprinter to a Sprinter Campfire is significantly more complex than trying to compare a Yukon to an Escalade... At least with the Yukon you still get the same basic chassis and same fenders, roof and door frames.... On the Sprinter and Campfire, even those can be significantly different.....

Take a look at the 2018 Sprinter/Campfire brochure, compare the construction and list of "features" on both trailers. I think you'll come to realize that it's "not even close to the same trailer, from the foundation all the way to the roof..... https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...jan2018_lr.pdf

If you're trying to get a detailed comparison of the two trailers, that 2018 brochure is the last one I know of that depicts the construction cut-away diagrams. After that, Keystone omitted the information that could help a customer make a comparative choice. That made the decision process even more confusing and difficult..... I won't argue whether it's more deceiving or a simplification of the buying process.... I'll leave that to you to decide.

Bottom line, they are "different trailers, different construction with different materials and different decor to mask all the bones changes".... The only thing that's similar is maybe floorplans and decals.....
Thanks John! I pick the 5th wheel up in May, it was advertised as a Sprinter Campfire 30RL, but the graphics on the front only say Sprinter, the brochures show it should say Sprinter with the word Campfire underneath it if it is really the campfire edition.... I'm still trying to sort it out with the dealer.

Thank you very much for the detailed response!

Bart
Bart68 is offline   Reply With Quote