View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 05:07 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

This advice is too late for the posters above but is offered to anyone reading this. The key to a successful outcome IMO is to document the condition of the trailer when you place it in the dealer's hands. Take photos, LOTS of photos. I would get a print out of the photos and and hand them over to the dealer with a written list of any defects (ex. "scratch on inside of bathroom door at towel hook approximately 3" long in photo #16). Doing this can save you and the dealer a lot of headaches down the road. When a project that's that extensive and over a span of weeks the dealer is not going to remember if there was a nick in the molding or a scratch in a cabinet door when you dropped it off.

When I was working I traveled extensively and rented more cars than I care to think about. I was in the habit of taking photos of the car I rented when I picked it up and when I dropped it off. Twice I had the car rental agency in St. Louis try to blame me for damages that I can only guess their lot person was responsible for. On both occasions an email with the photos attached promptly put an end to their claims.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote