View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #10
CWtheMan

Jonestown, PA

This was our first stop in our full time RVing adventure that would include side trips. It’s why we chose the KOA at Johnstown. Trips, which I’ll add later, were to Philadelphia, Reading, Hershey, Amish – Mennonite farmlands and anything else that might be interesting.

The Jonestown KOA is quite large and has large level sites with the complete FHU packages for spoiled travelers like us. Our reservation were for two weeks, allowing us plenty of time to make and enjoy side trips.

Our traveling companions would join us at Jonestown to travel with us to Nova Scotia. They were a couple of days behind us and didn’t make their reservations in time to get parked close to us. But, we could see them…LOL!

Our first adventure was to go to Intercourse and take a buggy ride around the Amish communities. There was a little country store (Kitchen Kettle) that had lunch service and seating which also had buggy service and tickets.

We had one very memorable occasion while there. Nearly 30 years before our stop there, Linda had befriended a Navy family while I was on deployment. Right after I returned from a long cruise Linda’s friend’s husband got killed in a car accident. Linda’s friend returned home to Lititz, PA. One day we stopped there to have lunch at a restaurant. Our waitress overheard us talking about Linda’s friend and got a local phone book to look-up the name. She had never remarried and the name was in the phone book. Linda called and sure enough it was her friend. The next day she came out to our parking site and they spent the day gabbing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6 JT-PA-KOA02.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	32376 Click image for larger version

Name:	6a JT-PA1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	32377

Name:	6b JT-PA13.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	486.1 KB
ID:	32378 Click image for larger version

Name:	6c JT-PA11.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	32379

Name:	6d PA - Amish - 2004 - 1.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	32380 Click image for larger version

Name:	6e Amish Country Visit - Intercourse, PA (8).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	32381

Name:	6f Amish Country Visit - Intercourse, PA (20).jpg
Views:	187
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	32382

I’ll just drop these little footnotes in as I’m reminded of them. When we purchased our Everest we made two major changes with Original Equipment. Because of weight we got the 13.5K air conditioner replaced with 15K Carrier so we could avoid a second A/C. Then we added the single unit washer dryer. The location for a washer dryer in our Everest was on the main floor level just aft of the bedroom steps.

Name:	6g Everest W-D.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	32383
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote