View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
Canonman

To answer the op's two questions. I absolutely love the auto level. We mostly camp in Forest Service CG's, State Parks and National parks as well as boondock fairly often. Here's our process. I have a level installed on the drivers side of the front storage that I can see in my side mirror. As I back or pull into our spot I notice which side is low. I position a "Tri Leveler" on that low side and either back or pull onto the leveler until I see the side to side level fairly even. A that point I go through the auto level process per the printed instructions. If I notice one leveler jack or the other is higher than others prior to leveling, I'll put a couple of "Lego Blocks" under the higher jacks to minimize the travel required to level the Cougar. Then push the auto level and it's all done. Personally I like having all wheels on the ground just to keep as many points of contact as possible to help stabilize the coach. Total time to unhook and level is usually under 15 minutes.
As for tire pressures. Go by the manufacturer's recommendations and fill to the max PSI Cold. Yes, the manufacturers have taken into account the pressure increase due to the tires heating up during travel. Also, I believe tires are good to like 170 degrees before it's a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-8120.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	22900  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote