View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #33
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Where the corners were cut too short, IF the butyl tape is sealed along the vent flange/TPO membrane, there is no way "OUTSIDE" water can migrate through that butyl seal. So, all the moisture you describe "running down the framing boards" would be moisture that was created INSIDE the trailer. I agree, you have mold and that's evidence of moisture, but I really don't think it's moisture that's coming INTO your trailer, rather it's moisture that's collecting from showering/cooking and it's ORIGINATING inside your trailer, not leaking INTO your trailer.

ADDED: Even if the roofing membrane were "cut too short" the DICOR sealant on the outside would prevent it from seeping into the interior of the trailer AND the butyl putty tape would serve as a "second barrier" to "back up" the DICOR.
I would agree with JRTJH. I doubt it's cut too short. They lay the roofing membrane over the whole trailer and then just cut the holes where needed. The chances of leakage uniformally at each corner are slim. The roof vent frame being all metal is going to get covered in condensation and then run down into the ceiling.

Take a shower with the trim off and the vent closed as you have been and see what it looks like.