View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicchefs View Post
Agreed it would be quite a task to try and take on, I dont feel comfortable just ignoring the mood I can see but can't reach.
As for the leaking I am seeing when I got everything removed and just have the membrane and attached vent. In the corners where the roofing membrane has been cut too short, the corners are actually under the butyl tape. The main water damage has come into the roof at all 4 corners. It has ran down the "framing boards" or trusses, whatever you want to call them, and then drips onto the ceiling panel, then runs out from under the exhaust flange.
Where the corners were cut too short, IF the butyl tape is sealed along the vent flange/TPO membrane, there is no way "OUTSIDE" water can migrate through that butyl seal. So, all the moisture you describe "running down the framing boards" would be moisture that was created INSIDE the trailer. I agree, you have mold and that's evidence of moisture, but I really don't think it's moisture that's coming INTO your trailer, rather it's moisture that's collecting from showering/cooking and it's ORIGINATING inside your trailer, not leaking INTO your trailer.

ADDED: Even if the roofing membrane were "cut too short" the DICOR sealant on the outside would prevent it from seeping into the interior of the trailer AND the butyl putty tape would serve as a "second barrier" to "back up" the DICOR.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote