Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
If your referring to my F150 "touring engine"-...well it's a 3.5L>lol
To each their own.
Take one for a spin sometime.
Get your popcorn ready....
Attachment 18182
I think travelin Texans was pointing out that the 3.5 Ecoboost will need some time to see what's going to happen with it when confronted with heavy towing in harsh conditions for lots of miles. Me, I'm not counting on it. They've perfected diesel engines pretty much. The Ecoboost is the only truck gas engine out there running dual turbos and Ford is trying to make a tiny motor with a "big engine" ability. We shall see. As I said, nothing substitutes for cubic inches.

I would encourage anyone that believes the ecoboost is the be all, end all of towing, to strap 10-12k (whatever Ford says their max tow is) on the back and tow it day in, day out, up hill and dale and see when it fails...because it will (run 50-60k). But wait, when it dies, it's not pistons, rings, crankshaft, valves etc. that you can tear down and replace; no, it will be turbochargers etc. that cost a FORTUNE to replace. To each their own but hey, I like good performance and simplicity. $5-8k of turbochargers sitting on top of the engine so the engine can "act" like a "real" V8 gas engine....that's for someone else. JMO/YMMV and it will.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote