View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #34
Jefster

The best advice I heard was - buy your second trailer first. When you buy new, you're going to have it a while before you can get out of it what you owe (presuming you finance it), so after living in it a while you might find some things that seemed like they would be a big deal, but they end up not being so important to you. I always wanted an outdoor kitchen, but the more I thought about it and the last several years of camping in our hybrid, I realized that's not as important as I once thought it was to me. Storage space wasn't real high on my radar when we bought our first one because we were upgrading from a pop up, but once we ran out of storage space camping became more of a chore because of all the loading and unloading every time. You might plan on using the dinette for a bed and think that's no problem, but two years in decide that's not going to work and you wish you'd have gotten one with one more sleeping space.
All that to say, you don't want to be stuck in a trailer that doesn't work for you because you didn't anticipate what you were going to need a few years down the road.

We bought a brand new Jayco Hybrid 7 years ago and just sold it this summer. I never had a problem with that camper except for the front bunk seal, but that's a very common hybrid problem. It even came with real tires on it.
We bought our passport just recently, and I've got several small things for the dealer to fix already, but they are pretty small things. What attracted us to it is the relatively light weight of the aluminum construction, giving us a lot more space and 2000 pounds lighter than other similar trailers I'd seen.

I like the floor plans you sent, but I wonder about inside seating in the bullet. If you're camping with friends, sometimes a couch is nice to have. The only seating space is at the dinette and that's not going to fit 7. A couch plus dinette is nice for having more than 2 adults inside a trailer for any length of time. Just a thought. Some people don't like them and would rather use the space for something else, but it all depends on how you will use your trailer.
Jefster is offline   Reply With Quote