Thread: 3350bhwe
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfoot View Post
I have a 3350BHWE and pulled it for the first year with a 2008 F-150 CrewCab FX4. We bought the 3350 because my wife wanted to be able to sleep 6 adults and 2 kids of our family all together. The F150 pulled the camper well. When loaded up, it does the job but slows down at hills. We pulled our rig over Monteagle mountain to camp at Nickajack Lake without any problems. That being said, my truck had fewer miles than most its age but I still told my wife, 3 hour trips were about as far as I was willing to go with a 9 year old truck. In December, we upgraded to a RAM 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi. In pulling the rig from my storage to the dealer for some repairs, this truck pulls the 3350 well with no weight distribution or sway control. I still plan to use what I have for those road trips. After many years of Ford loyalty, when we went to look for a 3/4 ton truck, the RAM had more power, options and was $1500 less than a comparable Ford with X-Plan pricing. In all my years, I never dreamed I would switch to a RAM (Dodge) but so far, I am very impressed with it.
LOL! You sound like you could have been me. After decades of owning dozens of new Ford products (many trucks) I switched to Dodge trucks (Ram) in 2001. I've been totally happy since. Good luck with the truck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote