Thread: 3350bhwe
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew999999 View Post
I have a 3350BH (not Winter Edition version) and tow it with an F150 Ecoboost. If towing with a 1/2 ton for short or infrequent runs, you may be okay with some work. Just don't expect to 'not know it's there' like you may see on some forums with TTs. I started out with an Equalizer 4pt hitch and while it pulled fairly straight, the side drafts from passing semi's and side winds on the interstate had a little more push/pull than I was comfortable with. I ended up switching to a ProPride hitch which helped things quite a bit after getting it dialed in. I then felt the rear suspension of my truck was too soft and had to do a little work there to get things planted correctly. All in all we really like ours and I'm getting ready to hook up for a short pull to a KOA about 15 minutes from my house in about an hour.

Below is last week's trip. This was about a 100 mile tow with about half being winding 2 lane highways in 20mph winds.

I pulled several 36-40' TTs, a few very long distances. Always with an Equalizer 4 point hitch, bars matched to the weight. I never experienced what you described even in cross winds. Possibly your hitch was not set up correctly but most likely it was the TV. I pulled those mostly with an F250 and later an F350.
I have always wondered how many expensive hitches were added to 1/2 ton trucks that ended up on heavier trucks anyway. My WAG is the money spent on those expensive hitches would have been better used on a TV more equipped for the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote