View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #18
tundrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamarino View Post
Did you get a solution? I was able to make a cover that snaps shut. My control panel is 6 by 8 inches with a battery disconnect knob. We will be hosting an 18 month old that loves to push buttons.
Sorry for the delay - No, I haven't. Grandkids are growing out of it (so far), so not overly worried. Kids around 18mos - 3yo - I'd worry a bit more. So, I haven't found anything really suitable at this point, and haven't really pursued it for the last few months.

Biggest problem I've had is that the switch panel is too low, not lighted, and can't read at that angle and in the dark. So I have to re-acquaint myself with the switches every trip out (we don't get out too much just yet, 5 or so weekends a year and a week or two out).

Same problem with thermostat - in the dark, no backlight and always have to get a flashlight out to be sure how it's set.

Did find another irritant - the outside refrigerator that plugs in - directly behind the fridge. I don't always want to run it, and it isn't switched. BAD idea. I wound up getting a 3' switched extension cord and plug the fridge into that, so I can turn it off/on when I want to.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote