View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #30
srvnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
srvnt, your "So far I love these Endurance tires, the ONLY ones made in in USA" doesn't seem relevant to this thread in that you certainly can't have had them an appreciable length of time. We also would prefer to buy American at every opportunity, but in this case Goodyear seems to have lost some of the gloss off their logo. Marathons have about the same reputation as Trailer King and the like. I believe the OP is in a financial position looking for the best proven tire at the best price. I'm glad there are people like you willing to put a few bucks out to test a new product. Goodyear has been a great brand for many, many years, and I hope they again regain their position of leadership. But in the meantime we'll be staying with Sailun, Carlisle, and Michelin.
I guess I missed something in the OP's original statement "and Suggestions for replacements?". Never a fan of GY till the started making ST's here again (in the USA). I would trust GY's (American company) technology, research and development, testing, and American workers producing them over foreign interest. That includes "Americans" who manufacture them in far away lands. Marathon quality suffered when they went offshore, before that, when the were made in they USA (by Americans) they had a great reputation, not the same reputation as china bombs at all. I did a lot of research and am very confident these new tires (the only ones made in the USA) will be successful. Although some of the tires mentioned may be adequate, in my personal experience with them (30 years of towing with a half dozen blowouts at the most inconvenient times and places), they are no means a superior product, as they have been all questionable in quality over the years, including GY. I think one shouldn't put quality and safety over a nominal "best price" especially when it comes to the cheesy RV industry. I would actually pay double if I could be assured my trailer tire wouldn't explode like a MOAB on vacation or traveling (no I don't overload, under inflate, etc.). Just this guinea pig/pioneer/trailblazer's 2 cents, haha.

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
2015 Silverado CC LTZ 4x 2500 Duramax
HB Cal
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote