View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #19
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

I use a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C. That is simply the model number of their hard-wired 50 amp EMS with the remote display. I have the display mounted on my wall above my InCommand touch-screen. I have had it for one season and love it.

In addition to that, I use a Hughes Autoformer for voltage boosting when voltage gets too low. Ahead of these items, I run a Progressive Industries SSP-50XL surge protector as the sacrificial device in order to protect the Autoformer and EMS upstream. The Autoformer and EMS do have their own surge protection, however I would rather fry the less expensive SSP than the more expensive Autoformer or EMS.

I also connected my "hard-wired" EMS via plugs and receptacles so I can easily remove it when necessary. I used a total of two plugs and two receptacles to do this. When removed, I can simply connect the cord together to keep power flowing. By circumstance I also have a spare pedestal model EMS-PT50. I should be covered for just about any contingency... LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote