View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 04:07 AM   #15
tundrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebl View Post
I actually thought of a cover like that for our control panel, and though I have kids, them "playing" with the switches wasn't what I was thinking of. Rather, it would be someone half asleep, or otherwise preoccupied accidentally using a slide switch instead of the light switches, either grown up or child. Cover would be only over the slide switches, so that a deliberate action is required before you use them. Would also do something similar for the front, as the docking light switch on my trailer is right by the landing gear switch.
That's a problem too. Might cover whole panel, but have cutouts for JUST the lighting. Wife keeps hitting the propane water heater switch, instead of electric. We don't use the propane much, except to run the stove. Maybe later this year we'll run the heater. Plan on a trip into Missouri weekend before Thanksgiving. Can be cool and wet there are that time.

I'm seriously thinking of some kind of picture frame - one of those made for putting objects in (can't think of the appropriate name for them) - one that has some depth to it for jewelry, medals, etc. - and a piano hinge, some kind of catch on the other side.

Might run to Hobby Lobby/Michaels and poke around. Need to measure and see what size I need.

Either that - or just make one. I've got some oak and mahogany laying around. Something with rounded sides so you wouldn't "catch" it walking by.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote