View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #6
denverpilot

I had the door lock fail (but it wasn't in the recall serial numbers) on our 2013 fiver. I didn't have access to the inside and it was totally jammed.

Ordered a replacement door lock assembly online for about $25-$30 as I recall, and five minutes with a cordless drill and I had the lock drilled out and the door open.

Took longer to remove the screws properly and replace the lock itself than actually destroying the door lock set enough to open it with a cheap cordless drill from Harbor Freight (the one I use for "stupid stuff" like this so if I break it I'm not trashing my good one -- haha.

15 minutes, start to finish not including mouse click time to get the replacement headed this way.

They're not particularly secure nor is the metal of the keyed portion of the lock very tough. I didn't even really have to lube the drill bit, but I grabbed a cheapie throwaway bit, from a cheap set, that I didn't care if I destroyed anyway.