View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #24
{tpc}

I don't have the same TV as described above, but I second the notion of a trans cooler, no overdrive, and no cruise. In mine, prior to trans cooler I got temps above 200 consistently, now below 200 consistently with a spike here or there depending on grade. For me overdrive worked, but now I run in "3" all the time, the only reason I used overdrive is because I didn't realize it. I thought the tow/haul button would keep it in 3 but it did not. It wasn't terrible, but it is better in 3. I tried cruise once, and that was enough for me not to try it again. I suppose if the land is flat and noone is on the road and your solidly in a spot where the trans won't "hunt" then maybe. Otherwise just doesn't seem worth the effort. And that one time you approach a grade and the trans drops down a gear and nails the gas making the engine scream....well that might be all you need lol.

I would get the vent covers. First thing I did before leaving the dealer. I didn't get the slide topper because of cost at the time. But its nice to be able to open the vents and not worry rain will get in. For now I clean the slide off with ladder and broom.