Thread: Rv show...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #12
Desert185

A friend, who we just visited, has a lot in a very high-end motorhome park in the Palm Springs area. This very exclusive park has a security staff, golf course, five-star restaurant, a lake connecting many of the lots with private cabanas and swimming pools, electric boats, custom golf carts, a proliferation of palm trees and so on...you get the idea. These folks park their motorhomes there for the winter season mostly for weekend getaways.

The majority of the motorhomes there were Newell and Prevost. During a party one night called "Denim and Diamonds" (really) with a band and food, etc., a new motorhome was on display/for sale. It was over 40' with a tag axle...big. Price? $2.4 million.

Thankfully, the wifey and I are happy to travel (I am reluctant to say camp) and very satisfied in our very appropriate for us 5er. I guess I'm just a simple guy. I don't even want a new truck with all the whistles and bells. If I could tow with my very simple '72 El Camino, I would.

As a side note, our friends, who don't have a Newell or Prevost are selling their lot. It was all a bit too much.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote