View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #39
sourdough
Site Team

I think it has been repeatedly pointed out that this is a pretty subjective topic. We've spent our lives tent camping, pop up camping, trailer camping (25' no slide) and now a 2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS. At almost 37' OAL it is a pretty big bumper pull.

We looked at dozens and dozens of RVs with OUR criteria in mind; first and foremost floorplan plus quality. Size was deterimined by our planned use; we are retired and intended to spend up to 2 months at a time in the trailer in areas that could have extended inclement weather. We wanted to be able to walk around the bed. We wanted to sit in the living area and not feel like we were cramped. With 3 slides it really helps. In the 25 ftr. it was great if I was alone. When we added my wife and daughter (she is grown and gone now) it was like a cracker box and only one person could move at a time. We did not want that feeling again. Living in TX it gets pretty hot; we liked the 15k AC and the upgraded furnace (we added a 2nd AC).

Anyway, think about what you will be doing....think ahead. Many, many folks want to upgrade after making the first trip or two. Hopefully forward thinking will help eliminate that costly problem. Good luck on your choice.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote