View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I haven't camped in our TT in cold weather yet. Are we saying that tinted film applied to the inside of the dark tinted windows will cut down on the condensation?

For summer time heat transfer I am going to install a window covering (can't remember what it's called at the moment) on the outside of the windows to cut down on the heat - and for winter I need to put tinted film on the inside...is that right? Thanks.
NO, the window film you're referring to (I think) is the magnetic cling film that adheres to the glass. (similar to the window tint used on car windows). That is NOT the "storm window" type film that is applied "separate from and about 1" away from the window glass"... The film we are talking about acts as a "storm window", is clear (not tinted) and is applied to the window frame with double sided tape, not placed in contact with the glass. It forms a "dead air space" between the window and the film.

What you're referring to would do nothing to decrease the heat loss through the glass.

Here is one example of what we're discussing: http://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-V73...insulation+kit

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote