View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

I would take very seriously the comments about service from the dealer for buyers vs non-buyers. I always buy everything (cars/SUVs/trucks/boats/RVs) from a dealership nearby. In the past I have done otherwise and was told up front that even though it was an xyz in warranty I would have to wait until they "could get to it". I even had my tires rotated and balanced at a dealership and was charged $75 vs $40 because I didn't buy it there. In the case of my RV I have made it abundantly clear to the dealership that I bought the unit from them, expect them to work on it when I bring it in and get it out as quickly as possible. I've told them the same things that have been said in some of these posts; if you have something waiting that you didn't sell, it can still wait - get on mine, and so far they have (or at least they say they do - of course mine is in warranty). I couldn't ask for more from them but I do know that someone is probably waiting longer because of that. Again, one of the perks of having a relationship with a local dealer vs not. If you want to use the trailer and not leave it in the shop for months at a time you may want to consider a local dealer - just my 2c.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote