View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
johnm

Richard,

We picked up our 291TG this spring and I think I could have written the same pros and cons that you did except the 291TG doesn't have a kitchen island. For the life of me I can't figure out why they put the main lighting, slide and awning switches behind that glass door. I have whacked my head several times (open cupboard door, operate awning, peek outside to make sure awning not hitting something that I didn't see, come back inside and whack head, say cus words in a hushed voice and get on with it!). I'm wondering if the two glass paneled doors can be cut down and shifted over and centered to cover only the storage part and not the switch part??? It might look of center but I don't know if it would look too bad???

I removed the outside cooktop (only 6500 btu's/burner) and adapted my Coleman cooktop (11,000 btu's/burner) to work with the camper. It's REALLY nice!

I removed the outside grill and adapted my Weber Q200 to work off the campers propane quick disconnect line by removing the Q's regulator. I no longer have to carry my extra 20# tank with me ... yea!

I also hated having 3 different keys for the rig so I did a little research and figured out how to rekey everything so now I only have one key for the entire camper. All up all in it cost me around maybe $40.

John
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote