View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 07:20 AM   #17
dutchmensport

Does it work well?

Yes, it actually does. It nice not have to point the antenna any more. It is all directional. I was skeptical about this, but took a chance. I've not been disappointed.

When parked at home in my own drive-way, I could pick up about 65 channels over the air. But in order to do so, I had to constantly reposition the antenna.

With the Wingard, I'm now picking up 85. I kid you not!

What I find interesting is a double set of stations. For example, when flipping through the channels, I may get 8-1, 8-2, and then 8-3. But keep going and I get 8-1, 8-2, and 8-3 again. Sometimes they are the same show, sometimes they are different. It turnes out I'm actually getting television networks from 2 different locations.

Where I live, it's mostly Indianapolis. But I may also get those same double channels from Cincinnati, Ohio, or even Fort Wayne, Indiana. They might be the same "network", but the locals -2, -3, -4's are different and the broadcast news is different for different cities.

So, yes, the Over-the-air antenna works really, really nice. And all I did was swap antenna's. I'm still using the same booster as originally. I did not feed power to the Wingard, nor do I use the internet, wifi it can offer. I already have a separate internet "thing" that works for us. I didn't need yet, another plan to pay for.

When camping, of course, it's only as good as the local stations within reach. Trees, mountains, valleys, and buildings can block television signals. There nothing that can be done about that. So, sometimes camping, depending on where we are at, we may get only 10 stations, and other times we may get 70.