View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
I've read that by leaving the sewer cap in place and opening the grey tai valves, the two tanks would equalize. If that's true, that would get us through a long weekend. I know I would have to stand back when I removed the sewer cap.
Has anyone tried this?
Bob -
I'm not sure if opening both of the gray tank valves (galley and shower) would ""equalize" the two tanks. Trying to visualize it and can't see how that would work - if you do have two separate gray tanks.

I cut off about 8 in off the sewer outlet and put on a Valterra 3" slide valve and a Valterra end cap with a hose fitting on it. This setup prevents any sudden gush of stuff coming out of the tanks by letting me control the flow with the valve. It also stops any surprises that might happen as a result of not closing your tank valves and then loosening and removing the end cap.

The hose fitting at the end cap also provides a means of "bleeding" off small quantities of liquids from the gray water tanks - into a hose or into a bucket.
It's just another way of having a bit more control over the volume of liquids coming out of the tanks and perhaps not requiring you to "stand back" when emptying the tanks.