View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #21
thefulminator

Just a heads up for all of you with the Lippert jack. I had one that came standard on my 2013 Outback 250RS. A few years ago the up/down switch started to fail. After doing some research I found that the switches on the Lippert, at least at that time, were not waterproof and were known for going bad. Living in Western Washington State, water would be a continual problem.

I found the replacement switch but at around $70 I was hesitant to purchase it knowing that I would have the same problem again in a few years. The tailgate on my 2009 Silverado 1500 also would strike the Lippert when I tried to open it. I ended up replacing the entire jack with a Husky Brute 4500 from Amazon. Yes it was more expensive than the new switch but I dreaded the thought of having the switch go out and having to hand crank the trailer to hook up somewhere. The switches on the Husky are waterproof and the screw uses ball bearings, not just grease like the Lippert.

The Husky is much more powerful than the Lippert. It doesn't seem to have to work hard at all to lift the loaded truck and trailer combination when hooking up. My tailgate now clears the Husky which is an added benefit. I have never regretted purchasing the Husky.

We all bleed Orange and Black, GO BEAVS
thefulminator is offline   Reply With Quote