Thread: Winter Package
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Bob -
Be sure to share their response with us. We could all use a bit of humour.
Well, I did have an uneventful conversation with Keystone's Customer Service this AM. The guy I talked to really wanted to be helpful, especially after mentioning that several threads have surfaced on the Internet forums about Keystone's cold weather packages that they use to market their trailers. He did put me a on hold a couple of times to "look something up". AKA, reading the product brochure, but that yielded no relevant information. I ended the call with exactly what I expected. He could not tell me what the Polar Package consists of other than quoting the usual "R" value of styrofoam insulation. He did say mention a 2" duct that comes off the heater that goes to the tank area, but when I told him my trailer did not have it, he had no answer except maybe it came off the main duct closer to the tanks. He also didn't have an explanation for no insulation under the coroplast, nor for the unsealed holes in the floor for water and electrical routing.
He concluded the call by saying that anyone contemplating using their trailer in sustained extreme cold conditions should use their own judgement as to what might be required to protect their trailer plumbing and holding tank systems. Duh!! Really?

I think that after all of this, I'll fall back in agreement that someone previously said and that is, Keystone doesn't make a trailer suitable for extended cld weather camping without some serious improvements.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote