View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 06:53 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

I read a comment "somewhere" that, because of the magnitude of the problem (steering I believe), it wouldn't be worth fixing. It went on to say that if there is a buy back, the manufacturer usually doesn't bother trying to repair it.

Once the owner turns in the truck to be bought back, is he required to buy another Dodge or can he/she take cash instead and buy another brand? If it were me, I'm not sure if I would want another Dodge. But if you are a loyal Dodge fan, you'd probably stay with them despite the recall and the length of time the problem has apparently existed.

Strange that this recall does not apply in Canada which begs the question "What are we waiting for?" Surely, if the steering is faulty in the U.S., it is also faulty across the border in Canada, eh? Unlike in the US, the Canadian government cannot force a manufacturer to recall defective vehicles. Instead, it is left up to the manufacturer to issue the recall.

Jeeps' problems are with the location of the gas tank. It apparently is mounted in an "unprotected" area of the undercarriage and left vulnerable to rear end collisions.