View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxglide View Post
Thanks fellas. I did buy the 1500 with no consideration of towing more than a motorcycle trailer. Now, momma wants a 40ft’er. Look like the dually maybe required. I used to have a f350 back in 03- yes I’m old now lol. Pulled horse trailers for my kids. Im sure this rig will do a lot of travel from Florida to Colorado and the surrounding areas so comfort will be key.

Jax, this is just me but if you go for a 40' or more 5vr you need a diesel. If you get the diesel in a SRW you won't have the payload or stability for a trailer that large. IMO, if you are open to the change, is to first determine the trailer; sometimes easy, sometimes takes years; then acquire the TV that is required. Remember too that you need to watch those payloads on a DRW 350/1 ton. One just listed in this thread I believe was only about 4500 lbs. - not big enough to tow large, heavy, luxury trailers. There is a limit to every truck so pick the load first and then the truck to match.....including that 10% safety cushion.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote