View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:16 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles65 View Post
I am seeing very, very poor design choices for Keystone, the more I follow various posts, in here. This is not a great company, I'm afraid. They apparently do not have a department to oversee the goofy things their less than bright design engineers come up with, on a regular basis. For me, the idiocy of cramming in twin recliners in an area where they blocked access to most of the rear storage and counter space (or made access a hassle) and a side window, was, initially, written off as a fluke. Now, time and time, again, I read, in here, about even more idiotic design choices that are never caught, before they're foisted off on the RV buying public. Keystone will probably not be my choice for a new RV, the next time around. My old Prowler gave me ten years of reliable service and showed no design flaws that I ever had to deal with. My Springdale has already had an awning post that bent, due to a flaw that caught it on its frame, along with the aforementioned dual recliners.
It's not "just Keystone".... EVERY (note the all caps) RV manufacturer has issues with "what were they thinking".... Ever tried to repair (or even close) a twisted, crooked tambour door in an Airstream overhead cabinet??? or even stack six 10" dinner plates in that same cabinet (curved walls on the "iconic design") They (Airstream) says to place your light items in the overhead storage, but if you put your cereal boxes up there, they won't fit unless you lay them down...

How about open the front storage compartment on any manufacturer's "non-extended pinbox" fifth wheel??? or how about access the water pump in a Jayco Jay-Raven ??? Or how about access the dump valve on any "rear kitchen RV with a "double slide" (dinette and sofa in one slide)???

I could go on and on about things like the black tank flush in the back of the shower wall, or under the sink, or even just that "cheap plastic valve that breaks on every one of us"...

As for "dual recliners blocking the storage" how about the "gotta move the recliner and put it on the sofa to close the slide" or the "can't get into the trailer with the slide closed and the switch that opens it is inside, so you have to use the remote to get in" ??? Yeah, that's on a Forest River "luxury fifth wheel" model that was produced for one year before they changed the location of the "command center" and put it back on the stairwell wall where it belongs.....

It's not "just Keystone" and from what I see of some other manufacturer's products, they're one of the better ones at "figuring out their design flaws"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote