View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #50
AussieCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
For reference, I tow a 2810bh with a 2013 Ram. I have towed about 2300 miles so far. I do have a couple of things that help out though. I have the normal size bed 6'4", so it has a longer wheelbase than 90% of the half ton trucks on the road (Ram, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan). Also, I have the factory air suspension. I did put load range D tires on the truck before purchasing the trailer. Only complaint would be MPG, but I think it's normal for a gas engine.
I appreciate the post, thank you! It provided some additional comfort to me to read that we're towing similar trailers with very similar trucks, and that your experience has been positive. I don't expect MPG to be great with a Hemi and agree it's 'normal'. That said, I feel the power and way it pulls I think is a big plus and worth any extra $$ in gas. Out of curiousity - what type of tires did you purchase that were load range D for 20" rims? I may buy new tires, although my first tow test (with the factory Goodyears) was pretty solid, so might wait until they wear out first.

We very nearly bought the 2810BH, but the decision factor was the length of our driveway, the 2400BH fits perfectly, while the 2810 was a bit long and we would not (legally) been able to keep it on the drive during summer. Great TT though - hope you're enjoying it! We love ours.

Happy Camping! Our reservation systems for summer camping open soon, so i'm getting excited
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote