Thread: Pets??
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 04:50 AM   #19
sgfrye

Ok.... I'm the new member with 4 small dogs.

Since the question was asked i will respond why DW and I travel with our dogs.

1. their combined weight is approx 35lbs, smaller than your average Lab, so they don't take up much space and don't eat very much. Our TT is 38ft with 3 slides so we have plenty of space.

2. one of the reasons we started rving 3 years ago when we bought our first TT was because we are able to take them with us anywhere we go. Don't have to board them or ask family members to dogsit them. they aren't the only reason, we love the outdoors and honestly hate staying at motels.

3. we don't have kids or grandkids. we have had small dogs for the past 20 years. they are an integral part of our life, great companions.

4. they travel very well. where we go they go. up and down the east coast, mountains to the ocean, thousands of miles. when in transit they are in 2 travel crates in the backseat of my crew cab truck. they basically curl up and sleep. we have never had a complaint about them. i always personally introduce myself and ask our camping neighbors to notify me if our dogs cause any annoyance to them when we aren't on site. to date no one has ever had a problem. we normally wouldn't leave them alone more than 3 or 4 hours. radio turned on to minimize outside noise. We always clean up after them.

There are some RV "resorts" that have a 2 pet max policy. Totally respect that, we just choose to stay somewhere else.

We never take them into public places.

We also are a foster home for a chihuahua rescue and from time to time we have a foster dog or 2 at home but we don't take them on rv trips. 4 is our max limit on trips.

We have actually talked about converting to foster dogs only after our 4 personal dogs age out and pass on. oldest right now is a 15 yo beagle/chi mix.
sgfrye is offline   Reply With Quote